3/16/13

Chili Cumin Salad dressing

So today I had to grab some essentials from the store- it took a while and I had nothing to eat. (Duh no fast food) but I was surprised to not really find anything quick from the health food store as well. I finally managed to find a small  "eat it package of coconut butter". That would hold me over a little until I got home. (If I wasn't in a rush, I would have looked harder to find a package of almonds or something).

 Anyways, this is what I made when I got home. I was in a hurry to get food in my stomach. I sure didn't want to throw my sugars off especially since it can be just as bad for me as having an allergy attack. It's really tasty. I have been a little skeptical about how my meals would taste without even having stevia to sweeten them. But this one doesn't need any sweeteners. And combined with the ingredients in the salad it works especially well. I might add in that it was very satisfying too.

AI,C,D


Cumin Chili Salad
(Serves 2)

1 head of lettuce (chopped in thin slices)
1 can black beans
1 can olives 
Slivered almonds
Sauerkraut
1 chopped bell pepper (preferably red)


Chili Cumin Dressing
1/2 c olive oil
1/4 c apple cider vinegar
1 t cumin
3/4 t chili powder
1/4 t salt
black pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment