4/9/12

'My New Roots': Raw Tacos

Today I tried a raw taco recipe from the blog "My New Roots"
I thought it was pretty good. I am not sure how long I lasted feeling full. It sort of felt like eating a salad with nuts, but it was good. I am still trying to figure out this whole "feeling full" deal without loading on the meat. I am nursing right now so I know that takes a toll on my body and calories are a big thing for me when I nurse. Hopefully this is just a nursing phase...





These were the ingredients used, click on the link above to go to her blog for full instructions


Walnut Taco Mix
Ingredients:
1 cup raw walnuts
1 Tbsp. nama shoyu (raw, unpasteurized soy sauce)
1/8 tsp. ground chipotle pepper (or more if you like it spicy!)
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil


Cashew “Sour Cream”
Ingredients:
½ cup raw cashews
juice of ½ lemon
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
5 Tbsp. water (approx.)

*I blended it in a blendtech


Raw Salsa
Ingredients:
1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
½ red bell pepper, chopped fine
½ orange or yellow bell pepper, chopped fine
½ red onion or 4 green onions, minced
¼ cup chopped cilantro
½ clove garlic, minced
juice of ½ lime
1 tsp. raw honey
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
pinch of sea salt

No comments:

Post a Comment