3/20/13

Hot Banana Millet cereal

Ok, this stuff is so stinkin yummy. I'd eat it even if I wasn't on a crazy diet. (I am trying to not go crazy with the bananas (don't want to spike sugars, or over use them).  When I first became gluten free, I think I was going through a depression over it. Pretty sure. 

I couldn't have chocolate candy bars, but I did find out about "cacoa" powder.  So I started making "healthy" (ha!) chocolate shakes daily (It had spinach in it...) Oh brother.
 My husband was like- "Are you addicted?". Then I started to realize how sensitive I was to it, plus my face broke out in HORRIBLE acne. Ok, back to the cereal.  This is soooo yummy. My babies gobbled it up. My tummy actually felt so happy and full and satisfied. Did you know millet is fabulous for helping with digestion? 


Banana Millet cereal
1 t coconut oil
1 1/2 c whole millet
4 c almond milk
3 very ripe bananas

(Optional )Additional: Fresh fruit to put on top, sunflower seeds, slivered almonds. 
You can also serve with leftover banana milk too :) Or just straight almond milk.

Take your saucepan and heat up coconut oil. Add the pre-washed millet. Lightly brown (not for too long).    Blend your almond milk and bananas to a very smooth consistency in your blender. Add 4 1/2 cups of the mixture to the millet. Cook low. Make sure you have a lid on the pan the whole time so you don't loose the moisture or you'll need more milk.  Cook until it's soft. (It may take a while. *There are ways to cook it in the crock pot overnight- you can pinterest it I'm sure.)

Keep checking on it and stir. if you run out of liquid and it's not soft enough, just add a little more liquid  until it's fully cooked.







No comments:

Post a Comment