10/26/12

Green Alfredo GF



This is a fantastic sauce your pickiest eaters will love! So fast too! Even if I wasn't gluten free, I would make this sauce.

Green Alfredo GF
1 can cannelini beans (white kidney beans)
1 1/2 c veggie or chicken broth
1 cup spinach
1/2 t basil
3/4 c Parmesan cheese
5 cloves crushed of garlic
pepper 
olive oil

While your GF noodles are cooking, in a pan add some olive oil and the garlic. Saute for a minute or two.   Add all the ingredients together and puree. (I use a blend tech and put it on the sauce setting (maybe twice)
Put back in the pan and heat it until warm (don't heat it too hot for more nutritional value)
It's fun because it's green- the spinach add nutrition, you can't even taste it (I promise!) and the beans a little protein. My little boy was begging for more!

With the extra sauce it makes, you can fill ice cube trays and cook them up for a quick easy meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment