4/29/13

Creamy Pea soup

Oh this soup is so creamy and yummy and my babes loved it.


I am still going veggie-ish right now and only basically eating salads and my supplements meant to speed the healing process of my gut.
Boy is it work to constantly nibble throughout the day in order to keep my sugars stable. The only treat of my life right now is bananas with almond butter. The other day I ended up having 2 bananas in one day (even though I had a bum-load of almonds with it) and I got a bad headache from throwing my sugars off.


My mom would make this soup when I was a kid for as long as I can remember (but not this version.) She used real cream instead.

This is my dairy free "Creamy" version.


Creamy Pea Soup
1 c almond milk
2 T sunflower seeds
2 cups peas cooked and drained (you don't have to heat them up long, just enough to unthaw them)
3/4 t salt
2 shakes
of pepper


While peas are cooking in water,v blend together in a blender your seeds and milk until as smooth as possible. Drain your peas and add them to the mixture with the salt and pepper and blend until it's almost a smooth consistency.



No comments:

Post a Comment