3/25/13

Creamy Roasted pepper sauce with zucchini linguini

So I have been missing my comfort food. "Spaghetti". Especially since I can't have tomatoes right now (being on an anti-inflammatory diet) I was definitely craving it.  So originally I was going to try this sauce, but I wasn't too confident in being satisfied (craving tomatoes). I wanted something as similar to tomato sauce as I could get. I also am a sucker for creamy sauces. So this sauce recipe is what I came up with instead.


It may not look like spaghetti, but definitely tastes so similar. I am pretty confident you'll love it :)


AI, G,C,D,S
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce

1 large red bell pepper
1/2 t basil
1/2 t parsley
2 cloves garlic
1 yellow onion
1 t salt
1/4 c sunflower seeds
1/2 c almond milk
1 T nutritional yeast
juice from 1 lemon

Take your bell pepper and slice it up in large sections. Put it on a baking sheet and cook at 400 degrees  for 20 minutes.  When it's done, put a lid over it (you can put it in a bowl with a lid if it doesn't cover it completely on a baking sheet)   And let sit for about 15-20 more minutes.

While that's cooking, sautéed chopped up onion with the garlic, basil and parsley. When it's translucent   transfer to a blender and add all of the ingredients (including the cooked bell pepper) and blend until sauce consistency. You can add extra lemon juice or salt if needed.


Additional: After the sauce is all blended, add in some sauteed mushrooms and or  chopped eggplant to the mix (super yum!)


Zucchini Linguini

1 t crushed garlic per 2 zucchinis
Plan on using 2 zucchinis per person. You will probably want to make some extra as well just in case.
coconut oil

Slice up your zucchini in long (skinny as possible) strips. I just use a knife. Nothing fancy. The thinner you get it though, the more it tastes like spaghetti.

Throw it in a pan and saute it with a little coconut oil and minced garlic.
Cook until it is translucent and has a nice texture.


Add the sauce on top- Bon appetite! 

No comments:

Post a Comment