1/9/13

Gluten Free Rolls- Divine!

Oh my word...

I am speechless. I tried the most fabulous GF roll recipe my pitter pattering little heart could've ever imagined.  As I sat there trying devouring the amazing yeast free roll recipe my belly did a happy dance and I almost cried while eating it. (I seriously almost did- It kind of brought up a lot of emotions- maybe like the fact that I haven't had bread in over a year! And this seriously reminded me of it)

It was fluffy inside like the wheat bread I use to make and had the perfect firm not too crisp texture on the outside. The taste was amazing. Very neutral with a hint of sweetness to it.  Is this recipe too good to be true for my gluten free belly? (P.s they look like muffins because my batter ended up too runny, so I poured it in greased muffin tins)

One thing if you're new to being gluten free- *Tip of the day:
The wet and dry ingredients always need to be mixed separately first and then add them together :) of course unless specified.
Oh and tip two- just ditch the rice crap ok? It's not good for you, it's empty calories and leaves you hungry! I went through 3/4 of a year feeling like I was starving all the time. I'm saving you the grief of going through that. I'll write another post on flour later.


And because I want the GF people out there to enjoy it too I will  share my good find-
It's from the recipe book "The Healthy Gluten-Free Life" You can buy the book on Amazon. She has fabulous neutral recipes. I loved the pizza recipe. My husband (who is not gluten free even loved it).

No Yeast Quick Rolls

Dry-
1/2 c sorghum flour
1/4 c millet flour
1/2 c teff flour
1/2 c potato starch
1/2 c tapioca starch
1 1/2 t xanthan gum (I am intolerant to xanthan gum so I left this out)
1/2 t salt
1/4 t garlic pwdr
1/4 t onion pwdr
2 t baking pwdr


Wet-
1 T flax meal mixed with 1/4 c hot water
2 T raw honey
2 T unsweetened applesauce (I didn't have any so I used 1 egg instead- which made it so I didn't have to use xanthan gum as well)
1/2 c cocnut oil melted
1 t apple cider vinegar
1/2 c warm water

350 degrees for 25 minutes 
Take two bowls out and in one mix the flax meal with hot water and let sit while preparing the dry ingredients.
In the other bowl stir together dry ingredients.
Then mix the rest of the wet ingredients with the flaxmeal. Whisk.  Add to the dry ingredients and stir.  Add With a spoon plop 2 1/2 inch diameters worth of dough on a baking sheet (preferably with parchment paper) Or if your batter was too liquidy like mine, I just greased a muffin tin and filled it with the same amount (don't fill it full like you would with muffins)
Cook 25 minutes or until lightly browned.



No comments:

Post a Comment