1/6/13

Cranberry Buckwheat Granola

I haven't been posting lately as I have had a very rough last two months dealing with a lung infection that's similar to pneumonia  viral and bacterial and possibly fungal! I am breathing again now and feeling a lot better- but there is still pain, a lot of fatigue and not very much energy- To top it off the family all got a bad sickness right after Christmas- which I  caught on top of my current condition. One of my new years resolutions is to build up my immune system this year - (physically and emotionally!)

In the meantime I put together this granola.

I made a combination of things I love- the buckwheat is filling and adds a great texture!


Cranberry Buckwheat Granola

1 c buckwheat (soak 15 minutes in water) drain
2 c oats
1 1/2 c almonds
3/4 c sunflower seeds
2 T flax seeds
1/2 c shredded coconut
2 T coconut oil
1/4 c honey
1/16 c maple syrup 
1/2 t salt
1 T vanilla
1 c dried cranberries



preheat oven 325 
toast almonds for 3 minutes on baking sheet
add coconut and oats and toast along with almonds for 2 minutes
stir
add sunflower seeds toast another 1 minutes
stir
add the rest of the ingredients besides cranberries- mix on baking sheet (the honey and oil will melt with the heat)  after thoroughly mixed add the cranberries and mix again and spread.

Cook another 15 minutes. Let cool- Make sure to stir occasionally while it's cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment