3/23/12

Is it dark in here?



Well obviously dinner was made late last night. No window light to make this dish look as appealing as it was. This was a WIN dinner last night. I was pretty bummed when I found out I couldn't even eat PF Changs Gluten free menu items because everything except for the steamed vegetables has corn based stuff in it- corn starch- You devil.

So to make my feelings better I became one of the Chefs and made my own freakin PF Changs. and it was delightful :)

Orange chicken
Chicken
"San-J" gluten free sauce


Steamed Veggies

1 onion
2 cloves garlic
2-3 carrots
2 stalks celery
2-3 peppers (different colors) red, yellow, orange
lettuce or cabbage
sugar peas
water for steaming or chicken broth



Below is the baby I used to make gluten, corn and dairy free Orange Chicken (not that there would be dairy in it anyways...

I put some oil in the pan and started cooking the chicken. When it was no longer pink I poured some of this guy on those things and let it cook longer, and poured some more and let it cook longer, and poured some more and let it cook longer, etc... etc... until it was cooked enough to cut up, then I poured more and let it cook longer :) ok, you get the idea by now.

Don't leave the chicken alone for a long period because the sauce kind of caramelizes and then burns... just sayin....



With the veggies, I took a onion, sliced it in big chunks and added about 3 cloves of garlic. and let it cook for a couple minutes.
Then I threw in some carrots, celery, different colored bell peppers, (I would have added sugar peas if I had some that weren't rotten) and some veggie or chicken broth - about 2-3 cups.

Put the lid on and let steam. Near the end of cooking, add up some finely cut lettuce (I only had some romaine- purple cabbage would be good too) and let that finish steaming. Then dump some swigs of Tamari (gluten free soy sauce) on top to your liking :)

Ok, so this isn't PF Changs, recipes or anything, but it's that high quality or better and it's way good.

No comments:

Post a Comment