3/26/12

Pizza Anyone?

My gluten, corn and dairy free pizza!

Honestly I don't know anyone who doesn't love pizza. After I found out I was intolerant to wheat, the number one food I missed was pizza! So I didn't have pizza for a couple months- maybe like 4-
Anyways, so then my sister in law told me that pier 49 pizza sells a gluten free pizza. They are amazing- but they are also like 18-20 bucks! Not something I could do even every so often- the size is really only for one person, they don't do large pizzas.
Then I found out 5 buck pizza does one as well. I kind of had a mild "weird" spell after I ate theirs though and I didn't care for it a ton- it was very "ricey" just like the crappy gluten free bread you can buy in the stores. Just not that appealing.

So I came across a pizza mix you make (even easier and faster then using wheat) and it's corn free, nut free dairy free and of course wheat free.
They use tapioca in it.



You add the eggs, water and mix it and form into a ball and then use a rolling pin to thin it out as much as possible- *the thinner the better.

AMAZING to be gluten free, I loved it and the hubby loved it too!


Fast forward a couple months- when I find out I am also allergic to DAIRY! What, no cheese?? ok, so I did some scouting and I was very happy when I came across Daiya cheese- which is soy free! (soy is usually in most of the dairy free stuff) I always try to avoid soy products.



And you don't use as much as cheese at all, it's only to pop the texture and flavor of cheese in there. I actually think less is better.
Below is a picture of daiya vs. real cheese (and this was when I even put too much Daiya cheese on- so less is more people!)

Left Daiya- Right mozzerella

No comments:

Post a Comment